Saturday, March 16, 2013
I have to admit, it feels really cool to say, "I have an app." Yep, it's true, though my kids might tell you something different, I am hip to today's trends. After 14 years of teaching spinning I feel like I have finally arrived. Whether you live in New Jersey, Costa Rica, or right here in Davis, just go to your iphone, type in "irideinside" and there you will find me and two other great instructors, spinning away on a bike, and encouraging you to join the fun for 45 minutes, 1 hour or even 90 minutes of great rides.
Even if spinning brings up thoughts of wool or your last night of too much drinking - you might still find a way to enjoy this great tool. Use it at home on a stationary bike or trainer, while traveling, or if you get sold out of your regular spin class. Just don't take this ride outside - remember the name is irideINSIDE!
And even if you don't want to use this app for working out, the playlists alone are worth checking out.
Thanks to Jamima Wolk and her JammyCo business for this great opportunity and wonderful product.
To celebrate the launch of irideinside we are having a launch party tomorrow, Sunday, March 17th, from 4-6 pm at the U.S. Bicycle Hall of Fame
The app, usually a great bargain at $4.99 will be available at the best price ever at the event tomorrow--free!
Sorry, the app is not yet available outside of the US or for androids but those are coming soon.
Download the app on Itunes here
Take your indoor cycling class to go with iRideInside, an app that provides you with “ready-made” as well as “customizable” workouts so that you can get in a great ride anywhere you want and for any amount of time. Choose from a selection of experienced instructors that ride right along with you and push you harder than you ever thought you could go. Whether you are a beginner just wanting to get in shape or an avid cyclist looking to stay fit, iRideInside is the app for you.
- Video clips of instructors demonstrating the workout.
- Full audio of each instructor’s workout.
- Choose the music playlist provided by the instructor or create one from your iTunes library.
- Choose ready-made workouts or customize your own.
- Customize what icons are displayed on the screen, including total elapsed time, rate of perceived exertion (RPE), and cadence.
- On-screen display includes total workout time as well as a countdown timer for each section.
- Expert information on bike fit, hand positions, equipment, nutrition, stretching, etc.